Cinetix has terminated production and sale of electronic devices on grounds of retirement age.
Many thanks to all customers and friends for trusting and longstanding cooperation.
Technical service for sold devices is furthermore available.
Manuals in PDF format can be ordered by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the device described below a do-it-yourself instruction is available for an alternative which is essentally compatible (combined with a commercially traded Ethernet / RS-232 converter).
ASCII text based and binary command set are almost identical. Artnet, OSC, transparente data transfer and MIDI compatible commands are not supported.
Ethernet / DMX512 Generator
Preferred range of use:
The Ethernet / DMX512 Generator is primarily designated to control a DMX512 - based lighting bus via Ethernet (DMX transmitter only)
For this purpose, the Ethernet / DMX512 Generator is configured as a TCP or UDP server. Control commands are given in compact ASCII text format.
As an alternative, a binary command set is available, which is based on MIDI channel messages.
It is a reduced version of the Ethernet / DMX512 Control Box without a DMX input. The capabilities of DMX transmission are almost identical.
Additionally, the Ethernet / DMX Generator may be configured for some other special modes of operation by means of a rotary switch:
--- Art-Net™ node: supports one universe of DMX OUT. In addition to the Art-Net primary IP and subnet configurations a user defined IP configuration is available, which allows better integration of the box into existing class C networks.
--- Command set for OSC ('Open Sound Control'), optimized for Control by the 'TouchOSC' app for I-Phone and Android, furthermore by PD ('PureData') patcher and other software.
--- serial communication node for TCP and UDP: retransmits any byte received via Ethernet through its serial interface (supported formats: MIDI, RS-232. RS-422) and vice versa retransmits any byte received at the serial interface via Ethernet. The serial connection is provided by a special adaptor cable which is plugged on the DMX OUT socket or connected with MIDI IN and MIDI OUT.
Besides PC standard baud rates (9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 - byte format 8N1 no handshake) especially the MIDI communication format is supported. Standard compliant sockets for MIDI IN and MIDI OUT are built in. While the rotary switch is in position 9 or C, DMX control is available simultaneously with bidirectional MIDI or serial communication.
Command-/Control interface for DMX512:
The Ethernet / DMX512 Generator can be operated with any control equipment (PC, media controller, PLC) which is able to send and receive ASCII text in TCP or UDP format via Ethernet. All commands are documented, no special drivers are needed.
Alternatively the Generator may be operated with binary commands formatted as MIDI channel messages. By means of a special driver direct command transfer is possible from PC-based MIDI software (sequencers for example).
Because Ethernet communication is baudrate independent, this binary data format is even well applicable to control the device by PLC or similar equipment, which has few or no capabilities to convert numeric values into ASCII text.
In a most simple case - preferably for setup or debugging of installations - manual and interactive operation by Telnet terminal is possible.
The actual lighting scene is buffered internally. It is permanently transmitted at the DMX bus until it is modified by another command. Interruption of the Ethernet connection has no influence on the DMX bus pattern. After power cycling or turn of the rotary switch, automatically preset no.0 is loaded.
Data traffic is signalled by the red/green dual LED "Data", which shows the active mode of operation, too. Whenever the box is in TCP "connected" state, the blue LED "TCP" is on. It flashes during UDP net transfer.
The most essential command options for DMX control:
- Any DMX channel 1 to 512 can be set to any level by sending a short sequence of ASCII text to the box (8 bit of resolution).
- Any DMX channel 1 to 512 can be set arbitrarily by means of a single or several MIDI channel messages (one MIDI message results in up to 8 bit resolution).
- Additionally combinations of RGB colors may be set at 3 subsequent DMX channels with simple ASCII or MIDI commands.
- For any DMX channel a fade ramp can be executed automatically, duration programmable up to 31.9 seconds. This diminuishes the expense for design of complex lighting sequences considerably. Any number of fade processes can be active simultaneously on all DMX channels.
- The flexibly configurable chaser feature loads sequences of presets (=lighting scenes )automatically in a cyclic manner to DMX OUT. Softly faded transitions are possible. The flash feature pushes all DMX channels to a defined level for a short period of time.
- The cycle of DMX data packets can be set by command between 24 and 512 channels. If a DMX channel out of the active DMX cycle is adressed, the packet length is readjusted automatically.
- The actual state of the Ethernet / DMX Generator (transmit buffer and system configuration) can be saved permanently as a preset (=lighting scene). Up to 384 presets can be stored and be reloaded at any time.
The transition from the previous lighting scene is performed with the actual fade time.
During power-on and after turn of the rotary switch preset no.0 is loaded automatically.
The individual setup of network parameters (IP addresses, ports), baud rate and timing parameters is possible via Ethernet: TCP (default IP at delivery 192.168.0.240), by UDP multicast (IP 188.8.131.52) or by RS-232 using an adaptor cable plugged on the XLR socket.
equiped with a 5 pin XLR connector and a standard MIDI OUT and MIDI IN:
|The DMX transmitter is NOT galvanically isolated from the controller circuit.
Optionally DMX OUT is available with galvanic isolation
Standard RJ45 connector, automatic configuration to 10 rsp. 100 Mbit/s, due to kind of network.
Not compatible with "Power over Ethernet" (PoE) !
An in-plug adaptor for 230V AC with "europlug" is delivered along with the DMX Generator. Other supplies with regulated or unregulated DC output 8 to 30 Volt (min. current output 300 mA) can be used.
Rugged aluminum case.
Mechanical dimensions: length about 11 cm (incl. connector sockets), width 11.3 cm, height 3.1cm.
* State of information August 2014. Right of technical modifications reserved.
* This description is for information only, no product specifications are assured in juridical sense.
* Trademarks and product names cited in this text are property of their respective owners.